On today’s Animal Spirits, we discuss:
- The 60/40 is dead. Again
- But it has worked even when bond returns have sucked
- Why don’t rich people just stop working?
- Carl Icahn’s succession is like real life Succession
- Are influencers a winner take all game?
- Housing and recessions
- Wait, what about buyback data?
- The best predictor of stock returns
- The least happy age
- How households invest
- Bob Iger’s big bet that Ben doesn’t think is a big bet
- Hanky panky in the futures market?
- Not exactly
- What is the fed doing now?
- I Heard You Paint Houses
- The Spy (Netflix)
- Netflix Versus Blockbuster
- Ten thousand shorts
Really enjoyed the @bespokeinvest post yesterday about volume. Basically: stocks go up when volume is below average and down when volume is above average and the notion that rallies lacking volume aren't "real" is fake news. pic.twitter.com/3pFF5q3QOi
— Myles Udland (@MylesUdland) October 16, 2019
The S&P 500's dividend yield is above the 10 year Treasury yield right now
The 40 other months this happened from 1970-present, $SPX was up 95% of the time 1 year later
— SentimenTrader (@sentimentrader) October 16, 2019