Today’s Animal Spirits is brought to you by YCharts
Mention Animal Spirits to receive 20% off when you initially sign up for the service
On today’s show we discuss:
- Why bad breadth doesn’t matter anymore
- Apple crushed it
- So much for that Facebook boycott
- Mark Zuckerberg’s emails
- Microsoft is probably going to buy Tik Tok
- Kodak pharmaceuticals
- And the CEO stock options story
- Ben Hunt is angry, rightfully so
- Matt Levine breaking it down
- The Robinhood stampede into Kodak
- Ben is over Seth Klarman lecturing the Fed
- Vanguard investors stayed the course
- The eviction crisis
- Does $600 a week make people avoid going back to work?
- People are paying down their credit card debt
- Foundering (WeWork)
- A democratic lottery
- Letter to a young investor
- The Old Guard
- Eastern Promises
- Rob Lowe and Mike Myers
- The End is Always Near
Stat of the day via @markets…
The total market value of FAAMG increased 266% from the start of 2015 thru Tuesday. The value of the other 495 S&P 500 companies rose just 25% over same time period.
— Nate Geraci (@NateGeraci) July 30, 2020
FUNDSTRAT: We hear about “the ‘craziness’ of this market as the top 5 are now 22% weight of the S&P .. we just don't see the bubble. The top 5 stocks .. are 18% of earnings and like >80% of 2020 EPS growth. So their market cap share does not seem so out of line ..” @fundstrat pic.twitter.com/yeVNdSMXGL
— Carl Quintanilla (@carlquintanilla) July 24, 2020
TSM is clearly a boost for the Taiwan equity market breakout. pic.twitter.com/izHOTBg4ih
— Strategas (@StrategasRP) July 28, 2020
INDEX FUNDS & CAPITALISM: Pushing back a bit on idea that index fds bad for capitalism bc cos can relax once they get included, here's 4 recent cos that saw their share prices get annihilated while inside the SPX bc active players own majority of shares and set the prices/mkt cap pic.twitter.com/cxVvZ2F34x
— Eric Balchunas (@EricBalchunas) August 3, 2020
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any feedback, recommendations, or questions.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Check out our t-shirts, stickers, coffee mugs, and other swag here.