Today’s Animal Spirits is brought to you by Interactive Brokers.
On today’s show we discuss:
- Where are the crazy Bitcoin predictions? Found em!
- Ben’s new book
- Dividends are coming back
- We need to raise the minimum wage
- Hitting your personal finance goals
- What if FIRE doesn’t work?
- Early retirement: Boring
- The state of low-income America
- Is Robinhood good for investors?
- Packy McCormick nailed the Slack trade
- Not Boring (Packy McCormick’s Substack)
- Delivering Happiness
- Alright, Alright, Alright
- The 5-Year Engagement
- Crimson Tide
- The Insider
- 8MM Rewatchables
- The Undoing
Gold fell 70%+ from the highs in the early 1980s and took nearly 30 years to breakeven
Bitcoin fell 80%+ from the highs in 2017 and is just about back to breakeven 3 years later
Everything happens faster today in markets pic.twitter.com/Kd7yytzS6I
— Ben Carlson (@awealthofcs) November 29, 2020
Incredibly, Elon Musk has passed Bill Gates and is now the second-richest person in the world.
His net worth has jumped $100 billion this year. https://t.co/vUJyZlFvwO
— Dashiell Bennett (@dashbot) November 23, 2020
$BBY US revenue increased 21% driven by AYFKM? 173.7% growth in online.
Online is now >1/3 of BBY domestic revenue, running way >$10b/ annual. With big, airy stores traffic is strong. Minimum pay is now $15/hr.
Best Buy is just a much better company than it was last year.
— Jeff Macke (@JeffMacke) November 24, 2020
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any feedback, recommendations, or questions.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Check out our t-shirts, stickers, coffee mugs, and other swag here.