Today’s Animal Spirits is brought to you by YCharts
Mention Animal Spirits to receive 20% off when you initially sign up for the service
On today’s show we discuss:
- You had questions about BlockFi. We got answers.
- The best charts of the year
- AT&T (HBO) is not doing great
- Warner Bros movies coming to HBO Max
- The best movies you haven’t seen
- People are talking about Stripe
- Should influencers get the vaccine early?
- People stink at selling stocks
- The labor market is doing better and worse than you think
- How America Invests
- Corporations are hoarding cash
- Jason Zweig joined Robinhood
- The startup frenzy
- This is Where I Leave you
- The Geography of Madness: Penis Thieves, Voodoo Death and the Search for the Meaning of World’s Strangest Syndromes
- The King of Comedy
- Best Movies (Excel)
Airpods made more money in 2019 than Twitter, Snapchat, Spotify, and Shopify combined
— Rohun vora (@rohunvora) December 1, 2020
For the 1st time in 15 years, 60% of the indicators we track are showing an excessive amount of optimism.
An excess of excesses. pic.twitter.com/nFuwISJb5c
— SentimenTrader (@sentimentrader) December 3, 2020
Last week, U.S. options traders opened 94.8 million new equity and ETF contracts.
The smallest of traders buying call options – pure speculation – accounted for 20.5 million of those.
At 21.6% of total volume, that's a record high. pic.twitter.com/S3qO9lYtkA
— SentimenTrader (@sentimentrader) December 5, 2020
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any feedback, recommendations, or questions.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Check out our t-shirts, stickers, coffee mugs, and other swag here.