Today’s Animal Spirits is brought to you by YCharts
Mention Animal Spirits to receive 20% off when you initially sign up for the service
On today’s show we discuss:
- You had questions about BlockFi. We got answers.
- The best charts of the year
- AT&T (HBO) is not doing great
- Warner Bros movies coming to HBO Max
- The best movies you haven’t seen
- People are talking about Stripe
- Should influencers get the vaccine early?
- People stink at selling stocks
- The labor market is doing better and worse than you think
- How America Invests
- Corporations are hoarding cash
- Jason Zweig joined Robinhood
- The startup frenzy
- This is Where I Leave you
- The Geography of Madness: Penis Thieves, Voodoo Death and the Search for the Meaning of World’s Strangest Syndromes
- The King of Comedy
- Best Movies (Excel)
Airpods made more money in 2019 than Twitter, Snapchat, Spotify, and Shopify combined
— Rohun vora (@rohunvora) December 1, 2020
For the 1st time in 15 years, 60% of the indicators we track are showing an excessive amount of optimism.
An excess of excesses. pic.twitter.com/nFuwISJb5c
— SentimenTrader (@sentimentrader) December 3, 2020
Last week, U.S. options traders opened 94.8 million new equity and ETF contracts.
The smallest of traders buying call options – pure speculation – accounted for 20.5 million of those.
At 21.6% of total volume, that's a record high. pic.twitter.com/S3qO9lYtkA
— SentimenTrader (@sentimentrader) December 5, 2020
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any feedback, recommendations, or questions.
Check out our t-shirts, stickers, coffee mugs, and other swag here.
(Inclusion of such advertisements does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof, or any affiliation therewith, by the Content Creator or by Ritholtz Wealth Management or any of its employees. For additional advertisement disclaimers click here.)