Today’s Animal Spirits is brought to you by YCharts
Mention Animal Spirits to receive 20% off when you initially sign up for the service
On today’s show we discuss:
- We’ve got a deal
- This is not the way
- The best is yet to come
- Tesla bulls double down
- Robinhood accused of gamification
- The SEC fined them $65 million
- Why waiting for the market to crash is a terrible strategy
- $1 trillion mutual fund
- Most popular terms of 2020
- Poverty is rising
- What happened to Apple credit cards?
- Disney movie theaters can be a thing
Is investing really about being right? Or about understanding how the heck the beauty contest works? I'm thinking the latter more and more
— Wes Gray 🇺🇸🗽🤙 (@alphaarchitect) December 18, 2020
— Eric Balchunas (@EricBalchunas) December 19, 2020
Shows folks what’s possible with long term buy and hold investing. https://t.co/QbGzJPnhmK
— Jason DeBolt (@jasondebolt) December 19, 2020
— Bloomberg Wealth (@wealth) December 18, 2020
Here's a pre-buttal on some takes we're sure to see on this new stimulus package:
1. Stimulus checks are only around 1/5 of the total bill.
2. UI in America typically pays around 50% of pre-layoff wages, though it varies. With this extra $300/week, that will be ~85%.
— Ernie Tedeschi (@ernietedeschi) December 21, 2020
Contact us at email@example.com with any feedback, recommendations, or questions.
Check out our t-shirts, stickers, coffee mugs, and other swag here.