Today’s Animal Spirits is brought to you by Interactive Brokers.
On today’s show we discuss:
- Tyrone Ross is bringing financial literacy into the 21st century
- Shoud 401(k) withdrawals be easier?
- Tesla is putting $1.5 billion into Bitcoin
- Dogecoin is incredibly ridiculous
- Jeff Bezos is stepping down
- Record year for big tech
- People feel the market is rigged
- Robinhood has a lot of customers, wow
- Robinhood’s reflection on their growth
- What daytraders need to know about taxes
- This hedge fund made $700 million in GameStop
- Roaring Kitty might be facing scrutiny
- Early-stage venture
- YCombinator’s $300 billion investments
- Money Tree
- Ark’s big ideas
- Trickle-down is bullshit
My all-time favorite Bezos anecdote is Harvard business school students giving him feedback on Amazon in 1997 pic.twitter.com/a713nmUVHM
— Ben Carlson (@awealthofcs) February 2, 2021
As my southern grandmother would have said, "What in tarnation?!"
Below is a list of my favorite charts demonstrating the US stock market is bubbly, bubbly, bubbly…
You may not agree, but it should give you pause…and at least reflect!
Any I missed?
— Meb Faber (@MebFaber) February 4, 2021
They did so at a 30% discount or the IPO or a valuation cap of $30B.
Another example of why being public significantly lowers cost of capital. pic.twitter.com/37x5m7OJoh
— John Street Capital (@JohnStCapital) February 7, 2021
— Bespoke (@bespokeinvest) February 6, 2021
Contact us at email@example.com with any feedback, recommendations, or questions.
Check out our t-shirts, stickers, coffee mugs, and other swag here.