Today’s Animal Spirits is brought to you by YCharts
Mention Animal Spirits to receive 20% off when you initially sign up for the service
On today’s show we discuss:
- The family office that crashed a few stocks
- More on that story
- Stock pickers’ delight
- People are happy with all of the money spending
- Commodities are making houses more expensive
- The explosion in alternative investing platforms
- How to get access to IPOs through SoFi
- Starter homes are disappearing
- A lot of people think the stock market is rigged
- How much money you need to afford a car
- Funny People
- The Box: How the Shipping Container Made the World Smaller and the Economy Bigger
- Justice League
- Miss Sloane
The Great Momentum/Quality De-Coupling pic.twitter.com/AHMiqJcfce
— Corey Hoffstein 🏴☠️ (@choffstein) March 27, 2021
BTW, here's the other most important chart for long-term investors in the stock market because it shows (1) stocks go up over time and (2) stocks follow earnings up over time…source: Alger https://t.co/DMhtStvdeC pic.twitter.com/hlE7kQDGN8
— John Rotonti Jr (@JRogrow) March 20, 2021
Incorporating updated Federal Reserve DFAs data, Boomers held a much higher proportion of US household wealth than Gen Xers at similar ages. Millennials continue to hold an even lower percentage of wealth at each age.
Boomers still hold more than half of U.S. household wealth. pic.twitter.com/VV0PCIZAdh
— Gray "serial millennial myth debunker" Kimbrough (@graykimbrough) March 28, 2021
Ethereum 101 —
I’ve been exploring Ethereum (and buying, for full disclosure).
This is a plain-english recap of the very basics, to test my learning! (and maybe a frustrating oversimplification for the experts)
— Eric Jorgenson 🛠🏔 (@EricJorgenson) March 24, 2021
CoreLogic: House Prices up 9.2% Year-over-year in December https://t.co/YyM5k8ffE5
— Bill McBride (@calculatedrisk) February 2, 2021
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any feedback, recommendations, or questions.
Check out our t-shirts, stickers, coffee mugs, and other swag here.