Today’s Animal Spirits is brought to you by Masterworks, sign up here.See important Disclaimer here
On today’s show we discuss:
- A16Z on active trading
- 4 Types of Robinhood traders
- Great charts from Phil Huber
- Why people plan to die with money
- JPMorgan Guide to the Markets
- The average net worth of millennials
- The generational wealth gap
- Are institutional buyers pushing up home prices?
- This is not a housing bubble
- But some areas are definitely too hot
- This is the last time I mention title insurance
- Rental cars are spiking
- Retail trading has cooled off
- How Robinhood impacted the stock market
UNREAL: Mutual funds have seen $356b in outflows in March (thru 3/27 per ICI). It's hard to describe how wild that is so I'll just let the chart do the talking: pic.twitter.com/rsX6kbIpcx
— Eric Balchunas (@EricBalchunas) April 2, 2020
Stat of the day via @WSJ…
S&P 500 hit 4,000 today after first reaching 3,000 in July 2019. *Five* stocks (FAAMG) contributed 44% of this 1,000 point gain.
— Nate Geraci (@NateGeraci) April 2, 2021
BREAKING: The US added back 916,000 jobs in March, the strongest gain in 7 months as the economy picks up steam.
Official unemployment rate = 6% (down from 6.2% in Feb.)
**Overall the US has now gained back 13.7 million jobs – 62% — of the 22.2 million lost in the pandemic**
— Heather Long (@byHeatherLong) April 2, 2021
CoreLogic: House Prices up 9.2% Year-over-year in December https://t.co/YyM5k8ffE5
— Bill McBride (@calculatedrisk) February 2, 2021
Contact us at email@example.com with any feedback, recommendations, or questions.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Check out our t-shirts, stickers, coffee mugs, and other swag here.