Today’s Animal Spirits is brought to you by Osprey. Click here for more information.
On today’s show we discuss:
- The creator of Dogecoin sold all of his Dogecoin
- The CEO of Coinbase sold shares in a direct listing. This is not a scandal.
- Dogecoin crashed Robinhood
- Bill Miller’s 1Q letter
- An explanation as to why companies are “losing money”
- This guy is disrupting the crypto market
- Listen to him on the Odd Lots podcast
- Robinhood is not helping investors on the tax side of things
- The $100 million deli
- People are buying second homes at the fastest rate in a long time
- We’re 4 million houses short
- We need more homebuilders
- Trucking companies are facing a shortage of workers
- AirBNB needs more hosts
- A history of inflation
- Is Bitclout a scam
- Everything is behind a paywall
- Promising Young Woman
- Being John Malkovich
- Falcon and the Winter Soldier
- So I Married an Axe Murderer
- Shithouse (again)
- Death at the Wing
Per Jake Paul’s Instagram, last night’s fight generated $65 million with 1.3 million PPV buys.
We live in a society. pic.twitter.com/oA931jmrPU
— Boardroom (@boardroom) April 18, 2021
(Zerohedge tweet: “Robinhood says..”)
Incredible sign of how big crypto/crypto trading has become over the last year. The dollar volume of leveraged long traders who got liquidated in last night’s flash crash was more than twice as big as the crypto crash of March 2020. Via @TheBlock__ pic.twitter.com/diu9OutUGY
— Joe Weisenthal (@TheStalwart) April 18, 2021
Coindesk is spreading misleading information.
It is fixed issuance, like Ethereum.
It did start as a parody, so it catching on is ironic.
— Shibetoshi Nakamoto (@BillyM2k) April 16, 2021
Homeowners starting to raid the piggy bank called HOME a bit. Surging cash out refinance activity. 💰💰 pic.twitter.com/dVgTOkcTri
— Rick Palacios Jr. (@RickPalaciosJr) April 13, 2021
“In one word: Boom!”
— Carl Quintanilla (@carlquintanilla) April 15, 2021
— Liz Ann Sonders (@LizAnnSonders) April 14, 2021
I'm just going to go out on a limb here but maybe the bond market is more driven by positioning and flows than by incremental new information.
— George Pearkes (@pearkes) April 15, 2021
WARNING: This is a SCAM!!! I have nothing to do with this & would hate to see anyone spend a penny on what is a complete fraud by con artists using my name without my permission. #UnauthorizedUseOfMyProfile 😡 https://t.co/1TjJeQT5U8
— Mark Hamill (@HamillHimself) April 16, 2021
CoreLogic: House Prices up 9.2% Year-over-year in December https://t.co/YyM5k8ffE5
— Bill McBride (@calculatedrisk) February 2, 2021
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any feedback, recommendations, or questions.
Check out our t-shirts, stickers, coffee mugs, and other swag here.