Today’s Animal Spirits Talk Your Book is brought to you by Collectable
On today’s show we talk about:
- How the average investor can get access to high-end sports memorabilia
- Where valuations come from
- How information transparency has changed the market
- How card manufacturers are keeping scarcity high
- How the marketplace works
- How collectibles are a natural extension of sports betting and fantasy sports, and much more
- A primer on investing in sports memorabilia
- LeBron James rookie card sells for record $5.2 million
- PSA grading buys AI company
“Collectable received an offer to acquire the Wilt Chamberlain 1961 Fleer Rookie Card PSA 9 for $350,000. The asset was offered on Collectable this past Sunday, April 4th, 2021, for $200,000.” pic.twitter.com/C5skHNZwml
— Michael Batnick (@michaelbatnick) April 7, 2021
📢 Breaking News – We have received a $55,000 buyout offer on our Yastrzemski '60 Rookie Card Basket that IPO'd YESTERDAY for $39,500!
Shareholders would net $13.07 per share if the offer is accepted – a 30.7% premium above IPO price.
A shareholder survey is now in progress! pic.twitter.com/ByLJijo3tZ
— Collectable (@CollectableApp) April 27, 2021
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any feedback, recommendations, or questions.
Check out our t-shirts, stickers, coffee mugs, and other swag here.