Today’s Animal Spirits is brought to you by YCharts
On today’s show we discuss:
- Robinhood is democratizing the IPO market
- No-fee brokerage account for teenagers
- Black people are getting more involved in the stock market
- Why the bitcoin crash was a big win for crypto
- Bitcoin liquidation numbers
- Secular growth stocks are becoming more attractive
- Houses are selling so fast
- The worst time to be a first-time home buyer
- House prices are soaring. Rent is flat
- Fidelity passes $10 trillion in assets
- Top Shot is crashing
- New financial planners, find a job here
- The decline in restaurants has been greatly exaggerated
- Millennials aren’t as poor as you think
- Child tax credits
Optimism on #Bitcoin plunged to one of its lowest levels in 5 years yesterday.
Less than a day later, it has already surpassed its average *3 month* return.
That's one crazy market, man. pic.twitter.com/73JXXta1CB
— SentimenTrader (@sentimentrader) May 20, 2021
On-chain analysis allows everything to happen in the open and available in real-time.
The margin call liquidations seem to be largely over…ending between 4 and 12 hours ago, taking out 854k traders.
This leaves crypto far less leverage, which is good.https://t.co/BXaO9u6rJK pic.twitter.com/Ifx9la4dGn
— Jim Bianco (@biancoresearch) May 20, 2021
BBG: The world's top 50 companies added $4.5 trillion of market cap last year, taking their combined worth to about 28% of global GDP. Three decades ago that was less than 5%.
— David Schawel (@DavidSchawel) May 21, 2021
Ok I’m officially calling the top of the housing market. @michaelbatnick @awealthofcs pic.twitter.com/mMsQqWNbIr
— TJC (@LM7829) May 23, 2021
A 1986 Fleer Michael Jordan rookie in a gem mint 10 sold for $300,000 tonight at @HeritageAuction.
That’s the lowest price paid at auction in 2021 for this card in that condition. pic.twitter.com/h4KZRjtHTN
— Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) May 21, 2021
Farmers around the world are becoming more efficient, producing more food with less land.
Explore the data: https://t.co/fxp3ubFcby pic.twitter.com/KH5cmg7qYI
— HumanProgress.org (@HumanProgress) May 18, 2021
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Check out our t-shirts, stickers, coffee mugs, and other swag here.