Today’s Animal Spirits is brought to you by Groundfloor
On today’s show we discuss:
- Ben called the housing shortage in 2018. Credit to him
- Lumber prices are dropping
- Teen traders on the cover of Barron’s
- Excellent piece on the potential of DeFi from John Street Capital
- And another great one from Marc Rubinstein
- And here’s one from Mark Cuban
- I thought Bitcoin was traceable…
- …Oh wait, it is. “You can’t hide behind crypto”
- Rental homes are going to be a thing
- Bill McBride on housing and demographics
- A historical look at inflation
- Invesco spending $5 billion to get into the single-family home market
- Credit card rewards heating up
- The ugly truth behind credit card rewards. This was a tough read.
- Why are credit card rates so high?
- Half of all unemployment benefits were stolen. Yeah, sure they were.
Exclude temporary unemployment, and the recovery looks a lot less robust. It ain't over until the core rate comes down. pic.twitter.com/v8dFFsES1t
— Jed Kolko (@JedKolko) June 4, 2021
holy batman pic.twitter.com/vFEsKzmOko
— George Pearkes (@pearkes) June 8, 2021
CoreLogic: House Prices up 9.2% Year-over-year in December https://t.co/YyM5k8ffE5
— Bill McBride (@calculatedrisk) February 2, 2021
Check out our t-shirts, stickers, coffee mugs, and other swag here.
(Inclusion of such advertisements does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof, or any affiliation therewith, by the Content Creator or by Ritholtz Wealth Management or any of its employees. For additional advertisement disclaimers click here.)