Today’s Animal Spirits is brought to you by Groundfloor
On today’s show we discuss:
- Ben called the housing shortage in 2018. Credit to him
- Lumber prices are dropping
- Teen traders on the cover of Barron’s
- Excellent piece on the potential of DeFi from John Street Capital
- And another great one from Marc Rubinstein
- And here’s one from Mark Cuban
- I thought Bitcoin was traceable…
- …Oh wait, it is. “You can’t hide behind crypto”
- Rental homes are going to be a thing
- Bill McBride on housing and demographics
- A historical look at inflation
- Invesco spending $5 billion to get into the single-family home market
- Credit card rewards heating up
- The ugly truth behind credit card rewards. This was a tough read.
- Why are credit card rates so high?
- Half of all unemployment benefits were stolen. Yeah, sure they were.
Exclude temporary unemployment, and the recovery looks a lot less robust. It ain't over until the core rate comes down. pic.twitter.com/v8dFFsES1t
— Jed Kolko (@JedKolko) June 4, 2021
holy batman pic.twitter.com/vFEsKzmOko
— George Pearkes (@pearkes) June 8, 2021
CoreLogic: House Prices up 9.2% Year-over-year in December https://t.co/YyM5k8ffE5
— Bill McBride (@calculatedrisk) February 2, 2021
Check out our t-shirts, stickers, coffee mugs, and other swag here.