Today’s Animal Spirits is brought to you by YCharts
On today’s show we discuss:
- How long do bear markets last?
- Robinhood’s S1 is really something else
- Robinhood has 18 million accounts
- A lesson in meme finance
- The pandemic forced a lot of people into an early retirement
- $35 Trillion Giveaway
- 9 Million Americans didn’t receive any benefits
- How are Japanese investors so well off?
- Private markets are booming
- The great migration
- The air conditioner effect
- Twitter is great but it also sucks
- Mathew Klein’s new substack
- A substack all about the spirits industry
Wow ~47% of Robinhood's users use the product daily 🤯
That DAU/MAU ratio is close to in-line with the best in class social networks
— Tanay Jaipuria (@tanayj) July 5, 2021
If the 2013-2019 trend in 55+ share of the labor force had continued, total employment would be 1.2 mm higher.
Read more in tonight's Closer: https://t.co/QUt92CjcOl pic.twitter.com/aiTkKstv7j
— Bespoke (@bespokeinvest) June 29, 2021
Planning a cookout this year? Ketchup on the news. According to the Farm Bureau, the cost of a 4th of July BBQ is down from last year. It’s a fact you must-hear(d). Hot dog, the Biden economic plan is working. And that’s something we can all relish. pic.twitter.com/7h9qLauIbC
— The White House (@WhiteHouse) July 1, 2021
Then vs Now
States with 2-year house price growth in excess of 20%
May 2005 vs May 2021 pic.twitter.com/JTGKNC102p
— 📈 Len Kiefer 📊 (@lenkiefer) July 1, 2021
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Check out our t-shirts, stickers, coffee mugs, and other swag here.