On today’s show we discuss:
- Bitcoin ETF is here
- Real risk inflation remains stubbornly high
- James Bullard on inflation
- It’s going to cost more to heat your home
- Inflation and the labor market
- Inflation could be worse
- A record number of workers quit their job
- The great resignation
- The good news behind the supply shortage
- Baby boomers win again
- iBonds yielding 7%
- What do you think about using leverage to help in a low-rate environment?
- Zillow pulling out of buying houses
- The creator economy is failing to spread wealth
- Apple ad business is booming
Transcript (via Audiograph)
There it is! Bloomberg's data team in the process of adding the ProShares Bitcoin Strategy ETF to the terminal. Ticker will be $BITO. 95 bps — less than half $GBTC's 2% fee. This thing is going live next week. Either Monday or Tuesday. pic.twitter.com/Lil4eHVdmr
— James Seyffart (@JSeyff) October 15, 2021
This is a really worrying inflation story for low-income Americans.
Gas is up.
Pretty much every kind of protein is up.
Rents (OER) are rising. https://t.co/Z0VsywzSrp
— Heather Long (@byHeatherLong) October 13, 2021
In its latest hiring announcement, Amazon says it’s offering a signing bonus up to $3,000 and hourly wages of $21/hr depending on shifts in many locations: pic.twitter.com/v7ZPoStPCU
— Conor Sen (@conorsen) October 18, 2021
More than half a million people pay to subscribe to a Substack writer, and the top ten publications now collectively make more than US$20 million a year in subscription revenuehttps://t.co/VgVgwLQ4QA pic.twitter.com/wWK2zzJu9x
— Conor Witt (@ckwitt3) October 13, 2021
More people have FINISHED Squid Game (86M) than subscribe to:
HBO Max (68M)
Apple TV+ (40M)*
— Morning Brew ☕️ (@MorningBrew) October 18, 2021
#SquidGame will generate $891M in impact value for Netflix
The show cost just $21.4M to produce
— Culture Crave 🍿 (@CultureCrave) October 17, 2021
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any feedback, recommendations, or questions.
Check out our t-shirts, stickers, coffee mugs, and other swag here.