Today’s Animal Spirits is brought to you by YCharts
Mention Animal Spirits to receive 20% off when you initially sign up for the service.
On today’s show we discuss:
- 2001 Pentagon defense report on the future
- Russian swaps signal a 56% chance of defaulting
- Matt Levine’s take on Russia
- Re-Visiting the 1998 bear market (2016)
- Three ways to win during a market correction
- Strategy for war-time investing
- Charting a Black Swan Risk
- SPACs aren’t living up to promises
- Is the 5-day work week dying?
- Using credit card rewards for rent
- Housing supply is coming back very slowly
- Roku earnings
- Teledoc earnings
- Home Depot earnings
- Coinbase earnings
- Block (Square) earnings
- Berkshire shareholder letter
- Fastest inflation since 1983
- Why crypto acts like a risk asset
- Ken Griffin on crypto
- Russia can’t use crypto
- Ukraine can use crypto
- Did WSB actually bring down Melvin?
- 10 Things I Hate About You
- Why We Don’t Learn From History by Liddell Hart
- Wealth, War & Wisdom by Barton Briggs
- Free Guy
- The French Dispatch
It's not just wheat. Corn and soy prices also surging pic.twitter.com/UqMcXdapUZ
— Joe Weisenthal (@TheStalwart) March 1, 2022
After adjusting for inflation, the estimates show that market income (labor and capital income before taxes and government benefits like Social Security, disability, and unemployment insurance) for adults increased across the income distribution. 5/ pic.twitter.com/BnBJtOj0pK
— Council of Economic Advisers (@WhiteHouseCEA) February 22, 2022
Contact us at email@example.com with any feedback, recommendations, or questions.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Check out our t-shirts, stickers, coffee mugs, and other swag here.