Today’s Animal Spirits is brought to you by YCharts:
See here for YCharts Q1 Economic Update
On today’s show, we discuss:
- How life insurance agents beat back a tech onslaught
- Gradual deterioration of the economy
- Apartment Lists 2023 Millenial homeownership report
- The race to homeownership: Gen Z tracking ahead of their parent’s generation, Millenials tracking behind
- Why it pays to buy a house: Homeowners became 40 times wealthier than renters in the past decade
- American Express earnings
- First Republic Earnings
- GM earnings
- Fearful Millennials missed stock market rally with shift to cash
- What percentage of Americans own stock
- What really matters: Prioritizing the important things in life
- ‘Participation Trophies’ are a fake crisis – here’s the problem for youth sports
The @barronsonline Big Money poll showed that out of the 130 managers polled only 6% of their clients were bullish. pic.twitter.com/7f51s85fNM
— Ryan Detrick, CMT (@RyanDetrick) April 23, 2023
We felt the vibes when Millennials were fighting to get jobs and apartments in the 2010’s. We see now how it feels when Millennials are fighting to buy houses. Their urge to buy stocks is still 5-10 years away, but when that happens you won’t be able to buy the S&P sub-20x EPS.
— Conor Sen (@conorsen) April 22, 2023
narrative violation: $GOOG gained search engine market share in Q1 pic.twitter.com/Ln1Hsv7VaE
— Portsea Capital (@portseacapital) April 20, 2023
* PEPSICO EXEC ON PRICING SAYS "WITH THE PRICING THAT WE HAVE TAKEN ALREADY IN MOST OF OUR BUSINESS AROUND THE WORLD THAT SHOULD BE SUFFICIENT" – CONF CALL@REUTERS $PEP
— Carl Quintanilla 🔥 (@carlquintanilla) April 25, 2023
Pepsi just threw up 14% revenue growth on 0 volume growth
Fun fact. Gunna and Future wrote "pushin P" on commission from PepsiCo CEO Ramon Laguarta to motivate his product managers during the pandemic
pushin P stands for (P)epsi (p)ushing (p)ricehttps://t.co/btCVPanhaK
— BuccoCapital Guy (@buccocapital) April 25, 2023
Does this look like an earnings apocalypse?
Of roughly 60 earnings results this morning:
EPS beat rate: 77%
Sales beat rate: 73%
Companies raising guidance: 5
Companies lowering guidance: 2
— Bespoke (@bespokeinvest) April 25, 2023
Contact us at email@example.com with any feedback, recommendations, or questions.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Check out our t-shirts, coffee mugs, and other swag here.
Wealthcast Media, an affiliate of Ritholtz Wealth Management, received compensation from the sponsor of this advertisement. Inclusion of such advertisements does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof, or any affiliation therewith, by the Content Creator or by Ritholtz Wealth Management or any of its employees. Investing in speculative securities involves the risk of loss. Nothing on this website should be construed as, and may not be used in connection with, an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to buy or hold, an interest in any security or investment product.