On today’s show, we discuss:
– Crazy moves in US Treasuries
– How prepared the consumer is for a recession
– More positive data on inflation
– Michael Lewis and the SBF situation
– Dark meat chicken
– The best 80s movies, and much more!
Rising interest rates hasn’t really impacted the stock market, but it’s definitely impacted the stocks in the market.
On today’s show, we spoke with Eric Crittenden, CIO of Standpoint Asset Management to discuss:
– The creation and use of trend following
– Market changes over time
– Understanding what investors need vs. what they want
– Utilizing a mutual fund wrapper instead of an ETF, and much more!
Here’s what I chewed on this week
On today’s show, we are joined by Perth Tolle, Founder of the Life +Liberty Indexes and Gunjan Banerji, Lead Writer for the Wall Street Journal’s live markets coverage to discuss:
– Amazons antitrust issues
– a coming secular rotation in equities
– Investing in Emerging Markets and China,
– Meme stocks are back, and much more!
Throwing good money after bad
Stocks are weak in September.
On todays show, we discuss:
– Higher for longer
– Soft landings
– Why nothing has broken yet in the economy
– Where the housing bubbles are
– Why its harder than ever to outperform the market
– Gambling vs. day trading
– NFTs are worthless, and much more!
559 days ago, the fed began a rate hiking cycle that would be unlike anything the modern investor had ever seen. The stock market saw this coming. When they finally decided they needed to fight inflation, micro-cap stocks were in a 19% drawdown. The Nasdaq-100 had fallen 16% from its peak. The indices would fall…
The housing market is broken, but that doesn’t mean prices need to break.