Today’s Animal Spirits is brought to you by YCharts
Mention Animal Spirits to receive 20% off when you initially sign up for the service
On today’s show we discuss:
- Medallion crushed in 2020, other funds got crushed
- Index fund distortion
- The people causing the micro bubbles
- Imagine losing your $200 million bitcoin password?
- This guy wants to go through the landfill to find his bitcoin
- How big tech cancelled Donald Trump
- Target date funds losing money for the wrong reasons
- Vangaurd assets hit $7 trillion
- The stimulus is working
- San Fran to Austin
- Ben thinks people are underestimating the economy
THREAD: Let’s dig into Biden’s econ proposal. I know there are a lot of numbers to dig through, but I wanted to note something:
The American Family Act, Child Tax Credit expansion included in the Biden proposal.
It could have a massive impact towards addressing child poverty.
— Stephanie Ruhle (@SRuhle) January 15, 2021
— Sarah Ponczek (@SarahPonczek) January 12, 2021
More than 1 trillion served.
Even before another spike in recent weeks, there were more than 1 trillion shares traded in penny stocks in December .
That's trillion with a "t.". A 1 with 12 zeros. pic.twitter.com/nTEWQbaNKD
— SentimenTrader (@sentimentrader) January 13, 2021
We didn't think traders could get any more speculative than they were at the end of August.
We were wrong.
For the first time, small trader call buying (adjusted for equivalent shares) exceeded 9% of total NYSE volume last week. pic.twitter.com/WcyRPHq0dV
— SentimenTrader (@sentimentrader) January 16, 2021
Non-profitable tech vs. NASDAQ, lol.. pic.twitter.com/2j195Vy81F
— Thunderdome Capital (@MadThunderdome) January 14, 2021
Contact us at email@example.com with any feedback, recommendations, or questions.
Check out our t-shirts, stickers, coffee mugs, and other swag here.