Today’s Animal Spirits is brought to you by Acre Trader, Investing in Farmland. Simplified. Visit acretrader.com to learn more
On today’s show we discuss:
- Marc Andreesen is smart
- a16z is launching a $2 billion crypto fund
- Tital insurance is a scam
- The free money in Bitcoin is disappearing
- “Risk free” 18%
- Jeremy Grantham is bearish
- Robinhood IPO delayed
- Home prices still climbing
- Blackstone is buying homes
- Bill McBride on housing. Read this.
- A potential borrowing binge
- Are people getting better with their finances
- A billion dollar IRA
- Millennials are not poor. The opposite is true.
We are expanding our support on Twitter! Starting tomorrow, tweet your questions to @BlockFiSupport for a quick response.
— BlockFi (@BlockFi) June 22, 2021
A junk bond maturing in 7 years just priced to yield 2.45%
That's not a typo. Junk bond. 2.45%. pic.twitter.com/fEewqET2c3
— Brian Chappatta (@BChappatta) June 25, 2021
The number of new container ships ordered in the first 5 months of 2021 is more than double the entire number of container ships ordered during 2019-2020.
TAKE: This will prove to be an overcorrection.
— fed_speak (@fed_speak) June 14, 2021
89% of the homes sold in May were on the market for less than a month. Don’t be fooled by the moderation in home sales, we are still in a hot seller’s market. Lack of inventory combined with declining affordability for buyers on the margin is contributing to the moderation.
— Odeta Kushi (@odetakushi) June 22, 2021
CoreLogic: House Prices up 9.2% Year-over-year in December https://t.co/YyM5k8ffE5
— Bill McBride (@calculatedrisk) February 2, 2021
Check out our t-shirts, stickers, coffee mugs, and other swag here.